Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Explore Outdoors ~ Flashes of red in the underbrush

 The other day I was out in the garden (pulling up dead zinnias) and the air was so still that I could hear the oak leaves falling from the trees. This is the time of year when the fall colors have faded from scarlet and gold to rusted orange and bronze. It is the time of year when I can count the leaves remaining on the oaks lining my drive. 
 
It is also the time of year when I am surprised by splashes of color ... the brilliant red of blueberry leaves and bright fuchsia of bittersweet tucked beneath the trees along the roadside.
 

What colors do you see in gardens 
and along roads this week?

1 comment:

  1. The red berries in leafless bushes, little pops of color that make it easier to predict where a bird might land for a photo!

    ReplyDelete